Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Importance of Advertising


Last year around this time, I was taking the bus to work & school everyday. Though I didn’t mind saving money on gas & car maintenance, the arduous process of planning my days around the bus schedule was getting old. I had a little money saved up so I figured it was a good time to start looking for a car. I didn’t have a particular make or model in mind, but reliability & fuel efficiency were two important factors.
            After test driving a few cars & doing some online shopping, I took a break from my search because I was beginning to feel overwhelmed; the car I was visualizing was no where to be found. A few days later, as I was watching the news, a commercial came on for West Herr Auto group. I don’t remember the specifics about the commercial, but they mentioned a blow-out event that would be held at the Hamburg Fairgrounds the next day. I was interested because I would be able to test-drive as many cars I wanted  all in one place. I went to their website & seen a few cars that looked affordable and in good shape that would be at the event.
            When I got to the event, I met with a salesman named Nate. He was very personable and didn’t pressure me into anything. I drove about 12 cars. Finally I noticed a 2013 Nissan Altima. The price, $17,000, was very reasonable for the year and mileage (25,000). After driving it around for a while, I knew this was the car for me. After a year, I am still in love with my car and happy I came across the commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment